If you plan giving birth in the Kyiv Perinatal Center
The conditions of signing the exchange card
Planned hospitalization in the Department of Pathology and Fetus Miscarriage starts from 9:00AM to 2:00PM only if indicated (referral of the doctor of maternity welfare center or conclusion of the doctor of the Kyiv Perinatal Center).
Documents required for hospitalization: passport, exchange card, declaration with a family doctor (for the current surname).
Planned hospitalization for the Caesarean section
If the pregnant woman has indications for planned cesarean delivery, the admitting physician consults the patient in advance, provides recommendations and the list of necessary clinical and laboratory examinations (Booklet on the Caesarean section). Then, the date and time of the surgery is scheduled individually.
Discharge from the Perinatal Center
Discharge from the Kyiv Perinatal Center starts daily from 3:00PM to 7:00PM and at weekends.
You will receive upon discharge:
- certificate to the maternity welfare center;
- certificate to the district pediatrician in the children’s clinic;
- medical birth certificate.
Patient Rights in a Medical Facility
Patient rights are the fundamental rights of the person who requires medical care to protect personal health and life, from the point of view of ensuring access to health services, their equity, quality and effectiveness.
According to the current legislation, the patient is entitled to:
- health protection, respect for honor and dignity, humane treatment of the medical and nursing personnel;
- choice of doctor and choice of health care institution in accordance with the contracts of compulsory and voluntary medical insurance;
- examination and treatment in conditions that meet sanitary and hygienic requirements;
- obtaining qualified medical care in the scope and sequence defined by quality standards and existing programs for the provision of medical care, without discrimination by sex, age and social status;
- ensuring the safety of the patient’s stay in the medical institution, attention and respect for him/her;
- receiving emergency assistance, as well as additional services provided at the Perinatal Center;
- preservation of confidentiality of medical treatment, health condition, diagnosis and results obtained during the examination and treatment (except for cases determined by law);
- get informed on voluntary consent to medical intervention;
- refuse from medical intervention, except in urgent cases, when there is an existing threat to life or the fact of refusal is contrary to the current legislation;
- obtaining information on his/her rights and obligations, rules of conduct in the Perinatal Center, health condition, diagnosis, methods and ways of treatment, prognosis, terminology which the patient should understand, changes in the current condition and treatment of the disease, possible complications, consequences in case of interruption or refusal of treatment;
- get immediate familiarization with medical documentation;
- get admission for the lawyer or another legal representative to protect his/her rights;
- file complaints concerning supervision and services with the requirement to review and answer in writing;
- be provided with available information on superior instances with the indication of the attributes where one can file a complaint;
Patient Responsibilities in a Medical Facility
In accordance with the current legislation, the patient must:
- take care of his/her health and the health of his/her children, not harm the health of other citizens;
- define respect and tact in communication with medical workers;
- tell the doctor all the information necessary for diagnosis and treatment;
- steadily execute all orders of the attending physician upon giving consent to medical intervention. In case of refusal of the proposed methods of examination or treatment, the patient must sign the refusal of medical intervention;
- adhere to the rules of conduct in the medical institution where he/she stays;
- cooperate with the doctor when receiving medical care;
- immediately inform the doctor about changes in his/her health condition in the course of diagnosis and treatment;
- immediately consult the doctor in case of suspected or present disease, providing the risk of mass dissemination;
- undergo medical examinations and make preventive vaccinations in the cases stipulated by the legislation;
- not take actions that can violate the rights of other patients;
- take other responsibilities stipulated by the legislation on health protection;
- in case of violations of rules of conduct, be discharged from the Perinatal Center with a corresponding mark in the statement and medical certificate.